Blaise High School re-opening Information
Dear Parents / Carers
I’m writing to confirm the arrangements for the re-opening of Blaise High School to all students in
September. We are looking forward to welcoming back students next term and are confident that
the government guidance provides the clarity we need to do this safely.
If you’re interested in reading the full government guidance it is available here.
To ensure that all students can return to school safely there will be a number of changes to daily
school routines. These will include routines related to:
- Robust hand and respiratory hygiene
- Enhanced cleaning arrangements
- Active engagement with NHS Test and Trace
- Formal consideration of how to reduce contacts and maximise distancing between those in school wherever possible
Dates for the start of term are as follows:
- Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd September: Staff Inset Days
- Thursday 3rd September: Year 7 only
- Friday 4th September: Year 7, Year 11 only and Resource Base students only
- Monday 7th September: All Year groups
Students will all be returning full time, following the same timings of the day as before. Please be
clear that school attendance is mandatory for all pupils from September. It is a parents’ duty to
ensure their child attends regularly and we will be formally recording attendance and following up
We are really looking forward to the start of the new academic term, to having pupils back at
school ensuring they have the best chance of success.
Please download and read the parent and student information pack attached below for more information.
Ms K Brown