Blaise High School Re-opening September 2020
Dear Parents / Carers
I’m writing to confirm the arrangements for the re-opening of Blaise High School to all students in September. We are looking forward to welcoming back students next term and are confident that the government guidance provides the clarity we need to do this safely.
If you’re interested in reading the full government guidance it is available here.
To ensure that all students can return to school safely there will be a number of changes to daily school routines. These will include routines related to
- robust hand and respiratory hygiene
- enhanced cleaning arrangements
- active engagement with NHS Test and Trace
- formal consideration of how to reduce contacts and maximise distancing between those in school
wherever possible We will outline all the details for these in a single guide which we will send out to you before the summer break. We will also update our website with information.
For now, we wanted to clarify the dates for the start of term which are as follows:
- Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd September: Staff Inset Days
- Thursday 3rd September: Year 7 only
- Friday 4th September: Year 7, Year 11 only and Resource Base students only
- Monday 7th September: All Year groups
Full details of the schedule of the day will be part of the guide that you will receive in due course. Students will all be returning full time, following the same timings of the day as before. Please be clear that school attendance is mandatory for all pupils from September. It is a parents’ duty to ensure their child attends regularly and we will be formally recording attendance and following up absence.
We are really looking forward to the start of the new academic term, to having pupils back at school ensuring they have the best chance of success.
Ms K Brown Headteacher