Guidance for parents/carers with Y10/11 Google Classroom
Guidance for Parents/ Carers for Y10 and Y11 with Google Classroom
How to log into Google Classroom
- Go to classroom.google.com and click “Go to Classroom”
- Enter your username and click Next. An example username would be firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your password and click Next. This is the password that you use to log into computers in school.
- If there is a welcome message, read it and click Accept.
- Click “I'm A Student”, then click “Get Started”.
- Click on the appropriate class group.
If you cannot log into google classroom for any reason, please email email@example.com
How to check your assignments
Assignments are tasks that your teacher has set. An assignment could be a quiz, a comprehension task, watching a video, or even answering exam questions. You can see a list of all your work on the Your work page. To check your assignments, complete the following steps:-
- Click the on the relevant class
- Click on Classwork
- Click on View Your Work.
- To see attachments, comments, or additional details for an assignment or question, click the title of the work and then View details.
Your teacher will be available during school hours through email- please contact them if you have any questions.
How to send your work to your teacher.
Most of the assignments that your teachers set will be able to be completed online and emailed to them. However, you may be required to send photos of your work to your teacher. You can take a photo using a device such as a phone. If the photos are too big to send, please use a photo to pdf converter app such as Scanbot.
How to complete work on Google Classroom
We have put together the video below to demonstrate how to access and complete work on Google Classroom: